Where can I find a kids’ dentist near me in Las Vegas, NV?
If you have been searching for a kids’ dentist “near me” in the Las Vegas, NV area, visit Hillside Dental. Dr. Christopher Lim and his skilled staff work closely with patients of all ages, including young children. As a pediatric dentist, he has skill and experience in working with the youngest patients. Ideally, children should see a dentist by their first birthday, preferably at the time their first tooth erupts.
A dentist for children provides many of the same services for adults, including:
- Cleanings – while brushing and flossing at home several times a day is a great foundation for better oral health and wellness, we encourage children to see the dentist twice a year for a full professional cleaning to remove plaque, tartar, and any bacteria within the smile.
- Examinations – a simple examination can catch a variety of issues early enough for effective intervention. Examinations may include a physical evaluation of the oral health as well as x-rays to check bone and tooth health where the eye cannot see.
- Periodontal treatment – if periodontal disease, or gum disease, has developed, it is essential that patients get immediate treatment to keep it from progressing past the point of no return. Periodontal disease is noticed as red, swollen gums and typically includes bleeding while brushing or flossing.
- Sealants and fluoride – children and protect their teeth with sealants and applications of fluoride which help reduce the likelihood of cavities and disease.
- Fillings – cavities are treated with the placement of dental fillings. Our practice utilizes composite resin fillings, which are more aesthetic than silver amalgam.
Interested in working with a pediatric dentist?
Contact Dr. Christopher Lim of Hillside Dental today to schedule an appointment at (702) 666-8584. His practice is located at 6090 South Fort Apache Road, Suite 120 in Las Vegas, Nevada.