Las Vegas dental office describes how easily veneers are applied to teethPosted By Dr. Christopher Lim
Veneers can just as effortlessly make stubbornly-stained teeth look a youthful and healthy white, as they can correct a gap-toothed smile or eliminate distracting chips and cracks. The process for this versatile procedure is easier than you may think. Hillside Dental provides options to improve teeth with veneers in Las Vegas.
How veneers are applied to teethVeneers are thin layers of material designed to replace damaged tooth enamel. Porcelain is often the material of choice, because it looks so much like natural tooth structure. It also feels and functions like the "real thing." Dr. Christopher Lim only uses the highest quality porcelain for an optimal combination of beauty and durability.
Before veneers are applied with quality bonding agents, Dr. Lim examines your teeth and gums, and discusses your goals for treatment. Any cosmetic procedure starts with a foundation of oral health. Decay and disease can result in problems that you may assume are only cosmetic in nature; for example, chips, pits, dark spots, and stains may be tooth decay. These problems require restorative treatment such as fillings. Oral health conditions must be resolved prior to elective treatment, because veneers can make underlying problems worse. Plus, decay and gum disease will not go away on their own. You deserve appropriate care.
Failures arise when veneers are inappropriately selected as a treatment. Since Hillside Dental wants to ensure veneers and other procedures successfully last for many years, Dr. Lim may discuss or recommend alternatives such as Invisalign for spacing issues, or crowns to correct severely misshapen teeth.
If it's determined that veneers are best to meet your goals and needs, you can generally expect:
- A little bit of preparation – Dr. Lim removes a very small amount of natural tooth enamel to make room for the veneers. Usually the enamel removed is no thicker than a contact lens.
- Impressions – Hillside Dental uses comfortable, precision diagnostics such as digital X-rays and intraoral imaging, to collect the information needed to make your permanent veneers. Think of the impression as a model of your mouth, used as a guide for the lab technicians who will fabricate your veneers.
- Placement – After the veneers are ready, you and Dr. Lim will assess their fit and appearance before the resin that bonds each veneer to natural tooth structure is hardened.
Book your Consultation with Our Specialist NowCall our office: (702) 666-8584 Or
Book an Appointment today.
Lumineers may also be an option for patients who wish to make a dramatic difference in the appearance of their smiles but aren't quite ready to commit to permanent veneers. Once enamel is removed, it's gone for good. Likewise, any veneers that break must be replaced to restore the artificial enamel that protects your tooth. Lumineers, however, are considered a reversible procedure. You can have Lumineers removed at any time, because the tooth isn't reduced. The process of getting this ultra-thin alternative is no different than with permanent veneers, except for the preparation part.
Dr. Lim will address several considerations long before impressions are made, and veneers are placed, including:
- Habits! Teeth-grinding, fingernail-chewing, and other habits wreak havoc on your natural teeth and can do the same with your veneers. The dental team will discuss ways to prevent damage to your veneers, such as appliances like customized night-guards.
- Existing dental work. If you're unhappy with the color of crowns and other restorations, Dr. Lim will discuss ways to prepare your teeth, so veneers look uniformly beautiful, and to create the smile of your dreams.
- What is dental bonding, how is it done, and other questions answered
- Transform your smile with LUMINEERS veneer treatment in Las Vegas
- Patients in Las Vegas, NV can have brighter, stain-free smiles with professional teeth whitening treatment
- Want to know if teeth whitening works and if the cost is worth it? This dentist in Las Vegas can help!
- Wonder what cosmetic dental care services can do for your smile? Let Las Vegas NV cosmetic dentist show you!
- Las Vegas dental office describes how easily veneers are applied to teeth
- The best cosmetic dentist near me in Las Vegas, Nevada also provides Invisalign orthodontics
- Las Vegas cosmetic dental surgeon offers a wide range of quality treatments
- Las Vegas, Nevada patients ask, is surgery needed for cosmetic enhancement of the teeth?
- Las Vegas, NV area patients can use veneers on teeth that are stained, misaligned, or spaced
- Las Vegas, NV area dentist explains dental bonding
- Las Vegas, NV area patients ask about the cost of porcelain veneers
- Las Vegas, NV patients can enjoy professional grade teeth bleaching for amazing results
- Hillside Dental of Las Vegas, NV offers cosmetic treatments without surgery
- Las Vegas area practice encourages patients to consider the benefits of cosmetic dentistry procedures
- General and cosmetic dentistry services in Las Vegas
- Teeth whitening is a common cosmetic treatment offered for Las Vegas area patients
- Cosmetic dental treatment options in Las Vegas
- Treatments available through Las Vegas cosmetic dentist for enhancing the smile
- Cosmetic dentistry practice in Las Vegas, NV works closely with patients in restoring the beauty of their smiles
- Dentists in Las Vegas practice offer a wide range of cosmetic dentistry options for patients
- Patients in Southwest Las Vegas have their question answered, “Are there any dentists near me who offer Lumineers?”
- Affordable teeth whitening in one office visit or for take-home use available from Las Vegas dentist
- Your Las Vegas dentist offers safe, efficient teeth whitening services
- How can dentists around Las Vegas know if a dentistry service like veneers could be right for me?
- Alternatives to crowns that can still improve and protect your teeth in Las Vegas, NV
- Experience a dramatically whiter smile with dental bleaching from a dentist in Las Vegas NV
- Are all dental veneers near me in Las Vegas the same?
- Tooth colored fillings explained by your cosmetic dentist in Nevada
- Why would I want to see a Lumineers dentist near me in Las Vegas?
- Teeth whitening in South Las Vegas: Comparing cost to value
- A fresh perspective on cosmetic dentistry in Las Vegas
- How porcelain veneers are changing Las Vegas smiles
- Dentist in Southwest Las Vegas discusses benefits of cosmetic care
- Teeth whitening demystified by 89148 Las Vegas dentist
- Characteristics to look for in a Las Vegas cosmetic dentist