Showstopping dental implants for southwest Las Vegas smilesPosted By Dr. Christopher Lim
Why is it important to maintain a full set of teeth? Your teeth are designed to perform as troupe. They rely on one another for support and function, like a chorus line. A missing tooth allows its neighbors to move out of position gradually. That leads to:
- Distressed tooth structure – Misaligned teeth strike opposing ones incorrectly when chewing, resulting in wear, fractures, and chips.
- Temporomandibular joint disorder – As the bite shifts, the jaw joint (TMJ) is strained. TMD can cause a host of unpleasant symptoms including reduced jaw mobility, facial pain, and headaches.
- Difficulty speaking clearly – A missing tooth is often the root cause of a lisp, as well as unexpected flying spittle.
- Negative dietary impact – Even a single missing tooth can affect your ability to eat nutritious foods like fresh fruits, crunchy vegetables, and lean proteins. Improperly chewed food causes digestive upset, too.
- Dental caries and gum disease – Crooked teeth are difficult to keep clean. They create niches that trap food and they are tough to brush and floss well. Cavities and gum disease flourish in that scenario.
- Damaging emotional influence – Your smile is a vital extension of your personality. If you aren't satisfied with what you see in the mirror, you aren't likely to share it with others. That holds you back in social and business situations.
You can look "opening night" ready every day, with a complete smile. Call me today at 702-666-8584 to become a Hillside Dental patient.