Dentist in Las Vegas, NV treats children, eliminating the need for a pediatric dental specialistPosted By Dr. Christopher Lim
Treating pediatric patientsDr. Christopher Lim is dedicated to offering a variety of services to even the youngest of patients! Below is a simple breakdown of what is provided for children in his facility:
- Examinations – examinations are necessary to check one’s oral health. They include a physical evaluation as well as a series of x-rays. X-rays can help in diagnosing issues that may not be seen with the unassisted eye during a physical exam.
- Sealants – sealants are perfect for reducing the risk of cavities in young children, offering another layer of protection for the enamel.
- Watching tooth development – children lose their first set of teeth and will have their permanent adult teeth fill their place. It is important to work with a dental professional to monitor this development and address any issues which may arise at this time.
- Monitor for cavities – cavities, or dental caries, are a concern for all children, even if they develop on the baby teeth.
- Palatal expanders – at times, children may require palatal expanders to address bite concerns with their smile.