Dental bridges give patients who are missing teeth in Las Vegas, NV a reason to smilePosted By Dr. Christopher Lim
At Hillside Dental in Las Vegas, NV, we offer dental crowns and bridges for patients who are experiencing the effects of a tooth that has become damaged, infected, or has been lost. Dental crowns and bridges are effective restorations that provide natural looking results and improve oral health. If you need dental restorations such as bridges, call us today at 702-666-8584 to schedule an appointment.
What are dental crowns?Dental crowns are caps that fit over the entire visible surface of the tooth. Dental crowns are most commonly used to restore a tooth that has been damaged or has severe decay. Dental crowns restore functionality, size, shape, and appearance of the tooth so that the patient can bite, chew, speak, and smile without difficulty or embarrassment. Dental crowns can also be used as a cosmetic enhancement for a tooth that has a large filling or other issue. Crowns can be made of a range of materials. The location of the crown often determines the material used. Crowns in the back of the mouth are often made of gold or ceramic fused to metal, while crowns used in the front of the mouth tend to be all-ceramic due to its natural appearance.
What are dental bridges?Dental bridges are a type of restoration used for a missing tooth or several missing teeth in a row. This fixed restoration requires a dental crown to be placed on each side of the gap in the smile. In the middle are artificial teeth that literally fill in the gap. By restoring aesthetics and function to the mouth, dental bridges allow you to perform all the functions that you could with natural teeth.
Book your Consultation with Our Specialist NowCall our office: (702) 666-8584 Or
Book an Appointment today.
The dental crowns and bridges procedureGetting crowns or bridges typically requires multiple appointments. During the initial visit, the teeth will be prepared. The first step is to use a local anesthetic and remove any plaque or decay on the tooth. A small portion of the enamel is then removed to allow room for the crown to fit over the tooth. Impressions are taken and sent to a laboratory for custom fabrication of the restorations. Patients are fitted with temporary restorations during the interim.
Once the final restorations are ready, patients will return to the office for placement. The dentist will remove the temporaries and check to ensure the fit and bite is correct. Once that is complete, the crown and bridge can be permanently bonded into place.
Taking care of your crown and bridgesIt is important to follow our recommendations for oral hygiene when there is a dental bridge in place. Special flossing aids can be used to clean around the gum line and under the bridge to remove food particles and prevent the risk of gum disease. With proper daily oral hygiene and regular dental visits, dental bridges can last for many years.
Benefits of dental bridges
There are many benefits to replacing missing teeth with dental bridges, they include:
- Improved appearance – At Hillside Dental, we use high quality materials and dental laboratories to make sure that all our restorations look beautiful. All our dental crowns and bridges are fabricated to blend in seamlessly in your smile. In addition to looking natural, bridges can also preserve a more youthful appearance. Missing teeth can cause the face to appear sunken, making you look older. Dental bridges support the cheeks and lips to keep you looking younger.
- Improved function – Dental bridges are a highly functional restoration that can dramatically improve eating and speaking after tooth loss.
- Improved oral health – Missing teeth isn’t just an aesthetic concern. Gaps in the smile can cause uneven wear and tear on remaining teeth and can also result in the shifting of healthy teeth. Dental bridges help prevent damage to remaining natural teeth.
- Dental bridges give patients who are missing teeth in Las Vegas, NV a reason to smile
- Las Vegas, NV dentist helps demystify the types of dental crowns available
- Dentist near me in Las Vegas, NV offers dental restorations to repair the smile
- Las Vegas dental office provides restorative services
- Restorative Dentistry can change smiles for Las Vegas area patients
- Dentures offer an affordable solution for many patients in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas, NV area dentist describes the role of dental crowns
- Where can a patient get a bridge to replace a missing tooth in Southwest Las Vegas?
- The best dental care allows for the life like reconstruction of your smile in our Las Vegas office
- Dentist in Las Vegas is bridging gaps in teeth
- Root canal therapy offered by a Las Vegas dentist
- Las Vegas enjoys natural smiles with dentures from a dentist with an artist's eye for beauty
- Patients restore their smiles with partial dentures in Las Vegas
- Dentist offers beautiful crowns in Las Vegas
- Dentist in Las Vegas offers affordable options for dental crowns
- Dentist recommends stabilizing dentures with dental implants in Las Vegas
- We address the health, function, and beauty of smiles
- Skilled care and quality materials provide stunning results
- We can help you restore the health and beauty of your smile
- We restore beautiful smiles with our comprehensive range of services
- Visit a dentist in Las Vegas, NV to manage tooth decay
- Are there alternatives to dental bridges near me in Las Vegas?
- The cost of dental crowns from your South Las Vegas dentist considers several factors
- Evaluating the cost of dental crowns in South Las Vegas
- Save a tooth with root canal treatment in Las Vegas
- When Las Vegas patients need dental crowns