Patients in Las Vegas get benefits of CEREC one-day crowns to treat dental issuesPosted By Dr. Christopher Lim
If your teeth are chipped, cracked, or badly decayed, a porcelain dental crown can help restore the function and appearance of your natural tooth and relieve your pain. Traditionally, crown fitting and placement has involved multiple trips to the dentist with several weeks between visits, as well as the hassle of temporary crowns and uncomfortable dental molds. Fortunately, with the latest technology called CEREC crowns, Dr. Christopher Lim at Hillside Dental in Las Vegas can comfortably fit and place your crown in one visit. There are many benefits of the CEREC technology.
Purpose of porcelain crownsA porcelain crown is a cap that is bonded over your natural tooth to replace, protect, and reinforce the damaged tooth. The porcelain used in creating the crown looks like your existing teeth and is custom-matched to the color of your teeth so that your smile looks natural and it is hard to distinguish the crown from your other teeth.
CEREC crowns, which are also known as Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, are a type of porcelain crown that your dentist can design, create, and place on your tooth in just one appointment.
Book your Consultation with Our Specialist NowCall our office: (702) 666-8584 Or
Book an Appointment today.
Traditional vs. CEREC crownsTo place traditional crowns, the dentist shapes your damaged tooth, takes impressions of it using a putty-like material, and places a temporary crown on it in the first visit. Then, you have to return weeks later to have the temporary crown removed and the permanent crown placed after it has been fabricated in a laboratory.
With CEREC technology, you can achieve all of this in one visit and skip the temporary crowns and the discomfort of dental impressions using putties and molds. The dentist uses advanced 3D imaging to create digital impressions of your mouth and a camera is used to take detailed images of your damaged tooth. These images enable the dentist to design your crown using CAD technology while you relax and wait. The crown is then fabricated in a machine by milling down a high-quality porcelain block to the custom-designed shape and size that your dentist has specified.
Benefits of CEREC crowns
Patients and dentists both love CEREC crown technology because it offers multiple benefits.
- Dramatically reduced time to create and place the crown: instead of a process that takes weeks or months, the whole CEREC appointment only takes about one and a half to two hours from start to finish. For approximately 30 to 45 minutes of this time, the crown is being designed and molded, so you will be free to use your electronic devices, read, or watch TV during that time.
- Feels and looks like a natural tooth: The material used to create CEREC crowns is similar to your natural tooth so that it feels like a real tooth in your mouth. The dentist customizes the shade and polish of the crown to match your natural tooth color and shine so that it is almost indistinguishable from your other teeth when you smile.
- Better fit due to precise imaging technology: The 3D imaging techniques used in creating and fabricating a CEREC crown provide a highly accurate impression of your mouth for a better fit. This means they look more natural, function better in your mouth, don’t affect your bite, and feel more comfortable.
- Keep your existing tooth healthy: When a CEREC crown is placed on a damaged or decayed tooth, it protects the tooth structure from undergoing further decay or damage because it seals it off and bacteria cannot penetrate it.
- Long-lasting: With proper home care and regular hygiene visits, CEREC crowns last from five to 15 years, like a traditional crown.
Schedule your consultation todayDr. Christopher Lim and his team at Hillside Dental in Las Vegas, NV are highly experienced in using CEREC technology. In an initial consultation, Dr. Lim will examine your teeth, gums, and jaw and determine the best plan for treating your unique dental needs. In addition to CEREC crowns, Hillside Dental offers numerous other treatments for a variety of oral health issues and the dentist can discuss your options with you and answer any questions, so you are comfortable and satisfied with your treatment plan.
If you have tooth pain or visibly damaged teeth, scheduling a consultation is the first step in the path towards restoring your smile and saying goodbye to tooth pain. Call Dr. Lim at 702-666-8584 to schedule your appointment today.