Showstopping dental implants for southwest Las Vegas smiles
A flawless smile with a complete set of
dazzling teeth is a natural work of art. It’s also essential for good
oral health and whole body wellness. Yet according to the AAOMS
(American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons), 69 percent of
our population has lost at least one tooth from decay, trauma, or gum
disease by the age of 44. About 26 percent have none of their own teeth
by the age of 74.
Why is it important to maintain a full set of teeth? Your teeth are designed to perform as troupe. They rely on one another for support and function, like a chorus line. A missing tooth allows its neighbors to move out of position gradually. That leads to:
- Distressed tooth structure – Misaligned teeth strike opposing ones incorrectly when chewing, resulting in wear, fractures, and chips.
- Temporomandibular joint disorder – As the bite shifts, the jaw joint (TMJ) is strained. TMD can cause a host of unpleasant symptoms including reduced jaw mobility, facial pain, and headaches.
- Difficulty speaking clearly – A missing tooth is often the root cause of a lisp, as well as unexpected flying spittle.
- Negative dietary impact – Even a single missing tooth can affect your ability to eat nutritious foods like fresh fruits, crunchy vegetables, and lean proteins. Improperly chewed food causes digestive upset, too.
- Dental caries and gum disease – Crooked teeth are difficult to keep clean. They create niches that trap food and they are tough to brush and floss well. Cavities and gum disease flourish in that scenario.
- Damaging emotional influence – Your smile is a vital extension of your personality. If you aren’t satisfied with what you see in the mirror, you aren’t likely to share it with others. That holds you back in social and business situations.
I am Dr. Christopher Lim. As a dentist
serving the 89148 area, I’ve helped a multitude of patients in southwest
Las Vegas regain their showstopping smiles with dental implants. This
is a brief outpatient surgical procedure with long-term tooth
replacement benefits. Your jawbone fuses solidly with a tiny titanium
implant to mimic the root of the missing tooth. Then I complete the
restoration with a gorgeous porcelain crown. The show must go on, even
if you have lost all of your teeth or they have to be extracted. Just a
few dental implants hold dentures securely in place for a big
improvement in chewing and speaking stability.
You can look “opening night” ready every day, with a complete smile. Call me today at 702-666-8584 to become a Hillside Dental patient.