Las Vegas Dental Office Describes How Easily Veneers Are Applied To Teeth
Veneers can just as effortlessly make stubbornly-stained teeth look a youthful and healthy white, as they can correct a gap-toothed smile or eliminate distracting chips and cracks. The process for this versatile procedure is easier than you may think. Hillside Dental provides options to improve teeth with veneers in Las Vegas.
HOW VENEERS ARE APPLIED TO TEETH
Veneers are thin layers of material designed to replace damaged tooth enamel. Porcelain is often the material of choice, because it looks so much like natural tooth structure. It also feels and functions like the “real thing.” Dr. Christopher Lim only uses the highest quality porcelain for an optimal combination of beauty and durability.
Failures arise when veneers are inappropriately selected as a treatment. Since Hillside Dental wants to ensure veneers and other procedures successfully last for many years, Dr. Lim may discuss or recommend alternatives such as Invisalign for spacing issues, or crowns to correct severely misshapen teeth.
If it’s determined that veneers are best to meet your goals and needs, you can generally expect:
- A little bit of preparation – Dr. Lim removes a very small amount of natural tooth enamel to make room for the veneers. Usually the enamel removed is no thicker than a contact lens.
- Impressions – Hillside Dental uses comfortable, precision diagnostics such as digital X-rays and intraoral imaging, to collect the information needed to make your permanent veneers. Think of the impression as a model of your mouth, used as a guide for the lab technicians who will fabricate your veneers.
- Placement – After the veneers are ready, you and Dr. Lim will assess their fit and appearance before the resin that bonds each veneer to natural tooth structure is hardened.
Book an Appointment today.
Veneers are already quite thin. But Hillside Dental goes beyond what other dentists in Las Vegas may offer to their patients. They place Lumineers, a brand of veneer that is even thinner than conventional veneers. In fact, Lumineers are so ultra-thin that often, no enamel is removed to make room for them. The side effects that are sometimes associated with traditional veneers are eliminated; for example, anytime enamel is modified, there is a risk of developing tooth sensitivity.
Dr. Lim will address several considerations long before impressions are made, and veneers are placed, including:
- Habits! Teeth-grinding, fingernail-chewing, and other habits wreak havoc on your natural teeth and can do the same with your veneers. The dental team will discuss ways to prevent damage to your veneers, such as appliances like customized night-guards.
- Existing dental work. If you’re unhappy with the color of crowns and other restorations, Dr. Lim will discuss ways to prepare your teeth, so veneers look uniformly beautiful, and to create the smile of your dreams.
To keep veneers looking and feeling like new, you’ll want to give them same care that you give to your natural teeth. Keep up with routine exams and cleanings. Call 702-666-8584 to schedule your appointment at Hillside Dental.