Replacing missing teeth with implants is a comfortable process with your South Las Vegas dentist
Teeth are designed to last our lifetime.
They are, at the same time, in need of a specific environment in order
to retain their strength and beauty. In the face of various factors,
teeth can be damaged beyond repair. We know from statistics that many
adults have experienced tooth loss by their mid-forties. While our
preference is to prevent tooth loss, we are prepared for these instances
with outstanding replacement options.
Tooth loss has been a problem faced by humans for centuries. In recent history, the primary forms of replacement were designed to replace missing teeth only. With the development of implants, dentists like Dr. Christopher Lim of South Las Vegas gained the ability to go beyond the basics of care and replace missing roots. Committed to the utmost in patient care, Dr. Lim has completed advanced coursework in implant dentistry so that his patients can enjoy the benefit of this level of care.
Tooth replacement treatment is designed around the individual patient in order to achieve the best possible outcome. Goals of treatment include meeting the patients’ needs for cost-effectiveness while restoring the highest degree of function and beauty for the longest period. Dental implant treatment meets those goals and more.
Dental implant technology has greatly improved the success rates possible with tooth replacement. This process extends its focus beyond the missing tooth and replaces the root that anchors the tooth to the jawbone. Over several weeks following insertion, implants are fused with bone tissue through osseointegration. Where many people stop in their investigation of implants is the point at which they hear “implant surgery.”
When we hear surgery, we may instinctively envision discomfort and risk. Patients of Hillside Dental learn that implant treatment is gentle, effective, and safe. Treatment involves very specific steps:
- Pre-treatment planning with innovative diagnostic imaging tells us exactly where to insert implants for the best results. Knowing the specifics of where implants will go shortens the overall procedure time.
- Local anesthetic is administered to numb the treatment area.
- Tiny incisions are made and implants are inserted into the jawbone.
- Gum tissue is stitched over implants to allow them to remain undisturbed as they heal.
- A temporary restoration may be put into place
- Normal activities can be resumed as early as the next day. Most patients find they experience very little, if any, post-operative soreness. If discomfort occurs, over-the-counter medication is sufficient for relief.
Book an Appointment today.
Tooth replacement now provides a way to regain not only a natural looking smile but also confidence. Call Hillside Dental to learn more about your options for tooth replacement.