Study emphasizes the importance of proper teeth alignment for patients in Southwest Las VegasPosted By Dr. Christopher Lim
A recent study by Kelton, a market research consultant, reveals some interesting details about the importance of straight teeth. A group of 1,047 Americans were asked to give their honest impressions about people in photographs. The photos contained a variety of images of women and men with straight teeth and crooked smiles. Respondents were not aware that the purpose of the survey was to determine how much influence straight teeth had on their observations.
Their survey answers show the impact that crooked teeth have on perceptions. The respondents believe:
- Teeth are the first facial characteristic they notice (29 percent).
- Teeth are the feature they most remember after meeting someone (24 percent).
- People with straight teeth are 45 percent more likely to get a job than applicants with similar skills and experience, but crooked teeth.
- Owners of straight smiles are 58 percent more likely to be successful and wealthy.
- They would not go on a second date with a person who has misaligned teeth (two of every five respondents said so).
- Those with straight teeth are 57 percent more apt to attract a partner on an online dating site.
- People with straight smiles are more likely to be viewed as happy (21 percent more so than others), healthy (47 percent more), and intelligent (38 percent more).
- A nice smile – more than occupation, clothing, or car – means a person is trustworthy (73 percent thought so).
Invisalign is a system of transparent aligners that gently moves teeth into proper position, without brackets, bands, or wires. Aligners are removable so you eat the foods you love and keep teeth sparkling clean while straightening. Each case is different, but treatment time is typically 18 months, and because the aligners are clear, you see results as soon as they begin to occur.
You, too, can enjoy the confidence of a gorgeous smile. Call Hillside Dental today for an Invisalign consultation with Dr. Lim. Their number is 702-666-8584.